Saturday, October 30, 2010

The Meerkat

So, after the Zulu village and the Safari we were taken to the Lodge on the reserve to spend the night. Our driver went in to make sure they were ready for us and came out to tell us they had a meerkat for a pet and that he had almost stepped on it. Well, all I heard was CAT and I got all excited. Now when I first saw the meerkat I knew it didn't look like a cat but I was thinking maybe it was a different kind of a cat. Anyways, I miss my cats and so I decided to love on this little guy. Isn't he cute?

So we pet and loved on this little guy. He sat in my arms and in my lap. During dinner he slept at my feet. Later that night we brought him into our room but kicked him out when it was time to sleep. He scratched at our door after we kicked him out because he wanted to come back in. He also scratched at every other door too! He dug lots of little holes all over the ground looking for bugs to eat. Doesn't that sound cat-like to you?

Eventually I figured out that there was nothing 'cat' about this little guy. He was simply adorable but apparently he is a mongoose, good to have around to keep the snakes away. I really enjoyed him. Oh, get this, his name is......Meerkat.

No comments:

Post a Comment