Friday, July 17, 2009

Deborah's Story Part IV

So here I am with Deborah's caregiver and our adoption worker in front of the hotel in Accra, Ghana just a few hours before we left to come back home.

Deborah never cried until she woke up on the plane after napping. We found out after getting home she had a double ear infection so she must have been in a bit of pain.

Ray met Deborah and me at JFK and I was never so happy to see him there! I was so exhausted and just glad to be home with my baby and husband.


Deborah adored Daddy right from the beginning and she is still very much a Daddy's girl.

Then Ray, Deborah and I flew the rest of the way home together where my Mom, sister, brother-in-law and their family met us at our home airport.

July 16th, 2003, one of the happiest days of my life!

4 comments:

  1. I love your story, now here i sit with chills and tears streaming down my face! I am so happy to have all of you as a part of my family and deborah as my sister 'inlaw', inlaw just doesn't fit, because I think of you as all true blood family and not just by marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nanita, I LOVED reading your blog so far!!! Wow, what a wonderful story about how Deborah joined your family...very sweet. Africa holds a special place in my heart. I lived in South Africa for a couple years after college. Come visit my blog if you want (sorry, we don't use our real names, but you'll know me once you see me.) I hope you keep it up and keep us all posted on your journey with Mercy Ships...sounds wonderful!!!

    Hugs,
    'Elinor'

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy to be able to read your adoption story and keep up with you on your journey!!! You have a beautiful family Nan!!

    ReplyDelete