Monday, August 3, 2009

Presenting at church

I asked Deborah and Anna what I should write about this week in our blog and Anna told me I should write down my adoption story! I had to tell her I wasn't adopted so then she wanted to know how I got here, don't I have a story? I assured her I had a story but it wasn't as exciting as hers :-) I had completely forgotten that Deborah at age 4 had also thought everyone was adopted. What a fun age :-)

So instead of writing down my adoption story I thought I would share about today. We did our Mercy Ships presentation at church today. We showed a clip from one of the DVDs that Mercy Ships had given us to show and then Ray spoke about what we would be doing. I was standing next to him along with Deborah in case Ray choked up and could not continue but God answered my prayer and Ray did just fine. Anna chose at the last minute to not come up front with us and sat with our good friends.

We were very encouraged by the response of our church family.

I am posting a picture of our display table. The girls want to know if you thought the dolls were the girls at first glance :-) I was going to have the girls wear their African clothes but they are much too small for our growing girls and we will have to wait until we return to Africa to buy new outfits for them. So I put the clothes on their dolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment