Thursday, August 5, 2010

Field Service Part One

On Monday morning, July 12th, our team headed out to the Dallas airport in two Mercy Ships' vehicles, one of which was pulling all of our luggage in a trailer. Izzy came too.

We got to Abomey, Benin on Wednesday of that week and then visited the Children's Home there in Abomey every day for lunch and then some afternoons we would stay until 4p. We stayed the whole day on Tuesdays and Thursdays and would do programs with the kids or just hang out with them. Our team men decided to challenge the boys in the Children's Home to a football game (soccer). The building in the picture is the boys' dorm and the tree to the left of it was Deborah's favorite climbing tree. I think she may have been up the tree when I took this picture.

Ray is on the left in this picture playing goalie. This was taken moments before he sprained his thumb. I didn't get a picture of the thumb but it did turn lovely colors and is now back to normal and fully functional (which is important when you are an electronics technician).

Deborah with some of her friends in the favorite climbing tree.

And there I am with Anna and a bunch of girls that I miss terribly and one little boy in the center of all of those girls. I miss him too.

1 comment:

  1. You made it! Awesome! I'm so very excited for you. Look at all that red dirt. What a neat opportunity for your family! We are back from our mission trip, which was, in a word, AWESOME!!!! You can read about it at my blog if you have the time. God is so good. Blessings to you all, and I'll keep you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete